The JBCC Suite of Contracts are the preferred contracts for building works in South Africa. It is one of the four contracts prescribed by the CIDB for infrastructural work in South Africa.
This contract is used for major building works as well as smaller works such as houses and factories. Therefore, any person involved in building construction, whether you are the main contractor or a subcontractor will benefit from attending this interactive workshop.
This two day workshop, which highlights the differences in both Edition 5 and Edition 6.1 will ensure that those working with the JBCC Contract, will walk away with a sound understanding of the JBCC Suite of Contracts as well as the N/S Subcontract Agreement.
Delegates who attend this workshop will have an understanding of the following under the Principal Building Agreement and the N/S Subcontract Agreement:
- Preparation of the various contract documents including the contract data and other returnable schedules.
- Structure of the contract documents
- Minor Works Agreement
- Parties and role players
- Securities and the various guarantees required
- Contract instructions, variations and change to the original scope
- Sequence and programme
- Defects liability
- Claims for extensions of time and costs
- Interim and final payment certificates
- Practical and final completion
- Suspension and termination
- Dispute resolution including adjudication and arbitration
The final session of the second day will focus purely on case studies to increase the delegates learning capabilities.