A Practical Approach to FIDIC Contracts (2017 Editions)
Date: 3-4 August 2022
Facilitator: Kevin Spence, FIDIC Validated Trainer.
Course Cost: R 7 999.00 (Excl. Vat) | R 9 198.85 (Incl. Vat)
- Soft copy of presentation
- Soft copy of case studies
- Original FIDIC RED or YELLOW Book
- Hard copy of the presentation and training material (within South Africa) (training material will be couriered at an additional R1000 outside South Africa)
- CPD accredited certificate on completion of the workshop
- Final assessment to determine delegates understanding of course outcomes
Validation Numbers: CESA-1729-05/2023
Includes an original copy of the FIDIC Red or yellow document.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Register with us by filling out the form below.
RECEIVE A BROCHURE FOR THIS COURSE
Please fill out the form below to receive a brochure for this course
– Register early and receive R1000.00 early bird discount.
– Discount applies when registering two or more delegates.
PLEASE NOTE: Select the currency you would like to make payment in before proceeding to checkout.
PayPal only accepts payments in the following currencies – USD & EURO
After many years of interaction with industry, the consulting profession and affected stakeholders, FIDIC formally announced the release of the new 2017 versions of the RED, Yellow and Silver Book contracts. Significant changes have been made to the 2017 additions adding to the already complex construction contract documents.
The contract document has essentially doubled in size, highlighting comprehensive and detailed rules under construction contracts, as well as making them more user friendly.
Based on this, much has changed within the new contract, specifically within the role of the Engineer, quality management, advanced warning, and other reciprocal obligations and specifically the claims procedure.
The course will give a high-level overview of the changes after-which the course will go through the new Clauses in detail.
It examines the roles of both the Employer and the Engineer and highlights the essential differences between the various contract documents. The responsibility for design is dealt with and a substantial amount of time is devoted to the issue of extensions of time, variations and certification. The FIDIC Golden Principles are discussed in detail.
Dispute resolution under the FIDIC Contracts is highlighted and the issues of notices, claims and time bars are highlighted. This practical course is supplemented by true life case studies and group discussions ensure that delegates come away with a good understanding of the FIDIC philosophy and changes to the FIDIC Suite of Contracts.
On completion of the workshop, delegates will come away with a sound understanding of the following:
- The FIDIC Golden Principles
- Signatories and Parties to the Contract
- Selecting the Appropriate Contract
- Responsibilities of the Main Parties
- General Provisions
- The Employer
- The Contractor
- The Management of Projects
- The Programme
- Commencement, Delay, and Suspension
- Test, Defects and Taking-Over
- Financial Procedures
- Contract Price and Payment
- Suspension and Termination
- Care of the Works
- Claims, Disputes and Arbitration