FIDIC Module 2: The Management of Claims and Resolution of Disputes under FIDIC Contracts (1999 Editions) – Online Webinar
Date: 27-29 October 2020
Facilitators: Kevin Spence, FIDIC Accredited Trainer.
Guest Speaker: Marc Hammick
Course Cost: R 5500.00 (Excl. Vat) | R 6325.00 (Incl. Vat)
Course Includes: 5% BIE Members
- Soft copy of presentation
- Soft copy of case studies
- Original FIDIC RED or YELLOW Book
- Hard copy of the presentation and training material (within South Africa) (training material will be couriered at an additional R1000 outside South Africa)
- CPD accredited certificate on completion of the workshop
- Final assessment to determine delegates understanding of course outcomes
Validation Numbers: REE00096BIE
The Construction industry has a reputation for disputes and conflict. For example, it is estimated that 50% of all legal costs incurred in construction projects are associated with disputes and that 10% of the total project cost was legal cost. The correct preparation and submission of contractual claims are fundamental to a Party's success in being awarded additional _me and monies on a project.
Failure to adhere to the very strict procedures laid down in the various contracts will in most cases render the claim invalid. To avoid claims being rejected it is vital that the correct procedures are followed. This training module is designed to provide practical advice to those working with the FIDIC Conditions of Contract in the management of claims, understanding, defending and achieving the resolution to claims, and the workings of the Dispute Adjudication Board and Arbitration.
It highlights important issues such as double notice provisions, times for submission and deals extensively with Extensions of Time and Quantum calculation. The workshop examines the role of the Engineer in making determinations, Employers Claims and the issue of instructions after the Contract Completion Date has passed. Variation and their effect on the programme form an integral part of this workshop.
|Who Should Attend||
The course will benefit all built environment practitioners (engineers, quantity surveyors, lawyers, project managers, etc.) Funding agents, such as Development Banks will also benefit enormously from the workshop.
• Management of the claims process from submission to arbitration
• Soft copy of presentation
|Cancellations and Transfers||
• Cancellations by delegates must be made in writing and received two weeks before the seminar. It is regretted that no refunds will be made or invoices cancelled after this date and full registration fee will be payable. Substitutions may be made at any time.