A One Day Introduction to the GCC 2015 Edition
There are currently no public course dates booked. Please click below to get a quote.
This one day course covers an introduction to the GCC 2015 construction contract and essential clauses.
Facilitator: Kevin Spence or Neville Gurry
• Presentation in soft copy and hard copy
• Training material in soft copy and hard copy
• Access to dispute resolution expert
• Original GCC 2015 Contract Document
• Case studies and work exercises conducted throughout the workshop
• Final assessment on completion of the workshop to test outcomes.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
The GCC 2015 contract was released late in 2015 and the main objective is to set out fair, equitable, efficient, economic and transparent contract administrative procedures; and the allocation of risks. The GCC complies fully with all the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) requirements for a form of contract. GCC is for the procurement of engineering and construction works.
During the day we cover the key differences between the GCC 2010 and the GCC 2015 edition, also risk allocation between the Parties as well as the functions of the different role players. Furthermore clauses that might cause delays during the construction phase and important clauses such as programme, variations, claims, payment, termination and suspension are covered in detail. Lastly we look at various dispute resolution options available in the industry and more specifically the options included in the GCC standard conditions of contract.
The course is separated into five sessions covering the differences between the 2010 and the 2015 edition and other important information such as:
Introduction and Overview
- Introduction including changes from 2010 to 2015 editions
- Rules and Reasonableness
- Parties and Role Players
- Risk allocation
Preparing the Contract Document
- This lesson covers the structure of the contract document
Time and Change Management
- The Programme
- The practical completion process
- Claims preparation
- Dayworks including application thereof
- Provisional Sums and Prime Cost Sums
Termination and Disputes
- Dispute Resolution
Information will be conveyed by way of case studies, practical examples and general discussions. Delegates will be given the opportunity to work with the standard contracts, to analyze key clauses and to discuss problem areas.
|Cancellations and Transfers||
• Cancellations by delegates must be made in writing and received two weeks before the seminar. It is regretted that no refunds will be made or invoices cancelled after this date and full registration fee will be payable. Substitutions may be made at any time.
|Who Should Attend||
The course will benefit all engineering environment practitioners [Engineers, quantity surveyors, lawyers, project managers etc.] to gain a better understanding of the GCC basic conditions of contract.
• Functions of each party and role player