JBCC Principal Building Agreement 6.2 2018
- Training material in soft copy and hard copy
- Original JBCC Principal Building Agreement Contract document and Contract Data
- CPD Accredited Certificate
- ASAQS CPD 2020/39(IP)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
The JBCC Contracts are the preferred contracts for building works in South Africa.
The JBCC Contract is one of the four contracts prescribed by the CIDB for infrastructural work in South Africa. Therefore, any person involved in building construction, whether you are the Main Contractor or a Sub-contractor will benefit from attending this interactive workshop.
The workshop will cover all aspects involved in the administration of the JBCC contracts including:
- Preparation of the various contract documents including the contract data and other returnable schedules.
- Minor Works Agreement
- Parties and role players
- Domestic subcontractors
- Nominated subcontractors
- Selected subcontracts
- Securities and the various guarantees required
- Contract instructions, variations and change to the original scope
- Defects liability
- Interim and final payment certificates
- Sequence and programme
- Practical and final completion
- Claims for extensions of time and costs
- Suspension and termination
- Dispute resolution including adjudication, amicable settlement and arbitration
This practical course uses case studies and includes an in-depth analysis of the contracts and their practical implications.