NEC3 ECC Engineering and Construction Contract (Vavaki Consulting Zimbabwe and Induna Consulting) – December 2024
The course will look at the NEC – ECC core clauses, main and secondary options, contract strategy and structure from the perspective of Contractor and Subcontractor appointment.
Date: 5 – 6 December 2024
Venue: Virtual Only
Facilitator: Dr Tanya Hendry
- Access to dispute resolution expert
- Hard and soft copy of training material
- Original copy of the NEC3 ECC Contract Document
- CPD accredited certificate on completion of the workshop
Validation: 2 CPD Credits
Register with us by filling out the form below.
RECEIVE A BROCHURE FOR THIS COURSE
Please fill out the form below to receive a brochure for this course
This workshop will look at the NEC – ECC core clauses, main and secondary options, contract strategy and structure from the perspective of Contractor and Subcontractor appointment.
The course deals with change management systems, dealing with variations and extensions of time. It will look at common changes made by Employers to the Conditions of Contract through the Z clauses and their impact and particular reference to limitations of liability and force majeure. The NEC3 Short Contract strategy from the perspective of Contractor and Subcontractor is discussed.
Thereafter focus will be placed on the Early Warning and Compensation Events requirements and understanding of notifying Early Warnings and Compensation Events by the Contractor and Employer.
The seminar will also highlight the Project Manager, Supervisor and Adjudicator’s authority regarding the responsibility dealing with Contractors. Risk Register requirements of the Employer and Contractor at the tender and during the Contract stage are explained.
Termination and dispute resolution are discussed in detail. Case studies are made use of to apply the learning of the course syllabus encouraging participation of all delegates.
On Completion of this workshop delegates will come away with a sound understanding of the following:
- The various contract options
- Distinguishing features
- Selecting the appropriate contract
- Preparation of the contract document
- Z Clauses
- Parties and Role Players
- Sequence and programming
- Early warnings
- Compensation Events
- Delay Damages
- Cost Components
- Testing and Defects
- Termination and dispute resolution
- Title, Risks, and Insurance
- Other Optional Clauses
|Who Should Attend
The course will benefit all built environment practitioners (engineers, quantity surveyors, lawyers, project managers, etc.)
• Access to dispute resolution expert
|Cancellations and Transfers
• Cancellations by delegates must be made in writing and received two weeks before the seminar. It is regretted that no refunds will be made or invoices cancelled after this date and full registration fee will be payable. Substitutions may be made at any time.