NEC3 ECC Including NEC4 Changes
There are currently no public course dates booked. Please click below to get a quote.
This workshop will look at the NEC – ECC core clauses, main and secondary options, contract strategy and structure from the perspective of Contractor and Subcontractor appointment.
Facilitator: Franz Jachs
• Presentation in soft copy and hard copy
• Training material in soft copy and hard copy
• Access to dispute resolution expert
• Original NEC3 or NEC4 Contract document
• Case studies and work exercises conducted throughout the workshop
• Final assessment on completion of the workshop to test outcomes.
Accreditation: This workshop has been validated via ECSA through CESA for 2 CPD credits. CESA-1491-08/2021
Contact: email@example.com for further details.
NEC3: Day One
Day one will focus on the NEC3 ECC Black Book. The course will look at the NEC3 – ECC core clauses, main and secondary options, contract strategy and structure from the perspective of Contractor and Subcontractor appointment. The course deals with change management systems, dealing with variations and extensions of time. It will look at common changes made by Employers to the Conditions of Contract through the Z clauses and their impact and particular reference to limitations of liability and force majeure.
Thereafter focus will be placed on the Early Warning and Compensation Events requirements and understanding of notifying Early Warnings and Compensation Events by the Contractor and Employer.
The seminar will also highlight the Project Manager, Supervisor and Adjudicator’s authority regarding the responsibility dealing with Contractors. Risk Register requirements of the Employer and Contractor at the tender and during the contract stage are explained.
Termination and Dispute resolution processes and options are discussed in detail.
NEC4: Day Two
The course will further deal with the newly published NEC4 – major changes and additions from the NEC3 to the NEC4. Looking at general changes such as terminology, schedule of cost components, and specific altered clauses such as the programme, payment, Dispute Avoidance Board, etc.
The two new forms of contract, namely the Design, Build and Operate Contract (DBO) and the Alliance Contract (ALC) will be discussed in detail.
Case studies are utilised to apply the learning of the course syllabus encouraging participation of all delegates.
|Who Should Attend||
Employers, Funding Agents, Consulting Engineers, Legal Professionals, Quantity Surveyors, All those involved in the construction industry-Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Engineers
• Introduction and Overview
• A Copy of the NEC3 or NEC4 Contract Document
|Cancellations and Transfers||
• Cancellations by delegates must be made in writing and received two weeks before the seminar. It is regretted that no refunds will be made or invoices cancelled after this date and full registration fee will be payable. Substitutions may be made at any time.